Pollum Labs Trademark Guidelines
Pollum Labs distributed the open source Pegasys protocol and distributes other software. While our code is in part available to download, review, and improve under open-source and source-available software licenses, none of our licenses include a license to use our trademarks. Proper use of our trademarks is essential to inform users whether or not Pollum Labs stands behind a product or service. When using Pollum Labs’ trademarks, you must comply with these Pollum Labs Trademark Guidelines. Just like other projects that develop open source software, we must enforce our trademark rights to protect our users.
This policy covers all of our trademarks and services marks, whether they are registered or not, including, among others:
Our word trademarks and service marks: POLLUM®, PSYS™, PEGASYS®, and POLLUM LABS™ (”Pollum Labs wordmarks”).
If you want to report misuse of a Pollum Labs or Pegasys trademark, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may do the following without receiving specific permission from Pollum Labs:
- Use Pollum Labs wordmarks in text to truthfully refer to and/or link to publicly available, unmodified Pollum smart contracts, protocols, interfaces, programs, products, services and technologies (”Pollum software”).
- Use the Pollum Labs wordmarks to truthfully describe modified versions of Pollum software that you may create or make available. For example, you may say ”This software is derived from Pollum software.” or ”This service uses software derived from Pollum software.”
- Use the Pollum Labs logo in software or aggregators that integrate with Pollum software to truthfully refer to, and, where possible, link to the applicable Pollum software hosted on the Syscoin blockchain.
- Use Pollum Labs wordmarks to clearly signal to users that there is no affiliation with or endorsement by Pollum Labs.
- Follow the terms of the open source licenses for Pollum software.
When allowed, how can I use a Pollum Labs trademark?
- You must include a trademark attribution notice at the first or most prominent mention of the mark on a webpage, document or documentation, such as: ”[Pollum Labs trademark] is a trademark of Pollum Labs.”
- You may not change the logo except to scale it. If the logo is used, you must give the Pollum Labs logo adequate spacing from the other elements on the webpage or document to ensure legibility and reduce the likelihood of confusion.
- You must always use the wordmarks in their exact form and with the correct spelling, neither abbreviated, hyphenated, nor combined with any other word or words.
- You must always use the Pollum Labs wordmarks only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, or in plural or possessive forms.
- Instead, use the generic term for the Pollum product or service following the trademark.
- For example: Pegasys protocol, Pegasys interface, Pegasys website.
All other uses of a Pollum Labs trademark require our prior written permission. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Some specific things you should not do include:
- Don’t use our trademarks in anything dishonest or fraudulent.
- Our name is not your name. Don’t use Pollum Labs trademarks in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t use our name for your products. Don’t apply Pollum Labs trademarks to any product (e.g., a mobile app), unless such use is limited to a truthful and descriptive reference (e.g., ”Mobile App for trading on Pegasys interface”).
- Don’t overemphasize our mark. Don’t display Pollum Labs trademarks more prominently than your product, service, or company name.
- Don’t create or use confusingly similar names. Don’t use Pollum Labs trademarks, logos, company names, slogans, domain names, or designs that are confusingly similar to Pollum Labs trademarks, particularly in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your products. Don’t use Pollum Labs trademarks in a way that incorrectly implies affiliation with, sponsorship, endorsement, or approval by Pollum Labs of your products or services.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your activities. Don’t use Pollum Labs trademarks and logos, or confusingly similar trademarks or logos on social media accounts in a way that might suggest affiliation with Pollum Labs or Pollum software; except if you’ve received prior permission from Pollum Labs. For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community ”Pegasys Protocol” or ”Pegasys Team.” However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community ”Fans of Pollum” or ”Information about Pegasys”.
- Don’t create swag with our marks. Don’t use Pollum Labs trademarks on merchandise for sale (e.g., selling t-shirts, mugs, etc.) unless you have permission from Pollum Labs.
- Don’t change or combine our marks. Don’t modify Pollum Labs trademarks, abbreviate them, or combine them with any other symbols, words, or images, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan.